Imagine relaxing the night away beside the cozy fireplace and sparking up a flame at the click of a button. Electric fireplaces make that possible. Electric fireplaces have become increasingly popular among homeowners and renters, especially those who do not want to deal with messy renovations.
What is an electric fireplace?
Electric Fireplaces are electric heaters that are designed to look like wood- or gas-burning fireplaces. They create a fire-like atmosphere and provide warmth like traditional fireplaces. Operating an electric fireplace is similar to operating an electric space heater. In general, you simply unbox it, slide it into your fireplace opening, connect it to the wall, and you're done!
We're seeing more and more requests to convert a gas fireplace to an electric fireplace.
Why convert a gas fireplace to an electric one?
Our customers are telling us the following reasons for getting rid of their gas fireplaces:
- Old fashioned gas fireplaces emit an unpleasant odor during combustion, which is accentuated in smaller spaces. There is also a lot of water vapor produced. The walls and windows of the room will become condensed as a result.
- It’s too expensive to update the old gas fireplace. Although a gas fireplace is slightly less expensive to run, it will take some years to recover the installation cost.
Image Source: TURBRO Customer - Linda Williamson
What are the benefits of an electric fireplace?
For heating, convenience, safety, and good looks, there's no better choice than an electric fireplace insert that works seamlessly with nearly any gas fireplace.
Here are the reasons why you should replace your gas fireplace with an electric fireplace. These include:
- Keep your home free from live flames.
- It is easy to turn on, turn off, and adjust the temperature.
- It can be operated without heat all year round for a cozy ambiance.
- Nowadays electric fireplaces can look really real, it was nice just to have the light on and the illusion of a fire.
- They don’t burn fuel, they release no smoke or gas, and they don’t need a chimney.
- They're efficient to run, with some models costing only 3 cents an hour to keep running.
- No more hassles of moving wood logs to keep your fireplace running and cleaning wood ashes.
SHOP TURBRO ELECTRIC FIREPLACE INSERT and have a try at replacing your gas fireplace with an electric one now! In the next blog, we will talk about how to convert a gas fireplace to an electric one. Stay tuned with us!
If you have any experiences or questions about electric fireplace makeovers, welcome to leave a review here or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to hear from you!